Monday, April 27, 2009

Things That Are Awesome: Coulats. "The Grind" Workout Video. And This Blog.


When I was 12 years old, all I wanted was a sweatshirt from the trendy boutique in town that said, "Armonk, NY 10504" on it...a play on the name of that cleverly titled show, Beverly Hills, 90210.  Was the sweatshirt particularly flattering or made of a high quality material?  No.  But I liked it because everyone else had one.  Fast forward 15 years and my desire for that sweatshirt eerily reminds me of my desire to start a blog.  Do I think my blog will flatter my figure or be made of high quality material?  Probably not.  But I'm doing it because everyone else does.  Plus, my therapist said it's a good way for me to express myself.    

Readers, I'm going to open up to all four of you.  Really lay it all out there.  I'm scared.  I'm scared that Mr. Holland's Opus will never get the credit it deserves as one of the greatest movies of all time.  But more than that, I'm concerned that this blog will forever consume my life.  

As of today, I'm 27, I own a dog, a condo and have a respectable job at a real estate company.  Yet as of tomorrow, I will no longer focus on work, but instead on this blog.  What was once a promising career in real estate will turn into a casual hobby.  And what was once supposed to be a fun hobby will turn into an obsession.  A horrible obsession with blogging that will lead to unemployment, homelessness, a love of felines...and prostitution.  Mark my words, it will happen.  

Until that day occurs, let's just focus on what's really important: my blog.  I truly foresee that this site will create the same sort of hysteria as the swine flu, although I will see an immediate drop in readership due to my strong popularity in Mexico.  Crap.

Innovative.  Groundbreaking.  F'ing stupendous.  Just a few words that will never be used to describe this site.  

Next post - the literary works of Shel Silverstein.  Brush up on A Light in the Attic over the next few days.

 

2 comments:

  1. Oh dang, you maeke bloggin' sound quite scary! I just got one of these not too long ago, and it's been a fun adventure, a few random folks here and there sayin' hi and readin' my ramblings... Good luck with becoming the Next Great Hysteria -- Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. Also, you can take serene comfort in the knowledge that I own the Mr. Holland's Opus soundtrack. For my money, it just doesn't get any better than when the electric guitar joins the symphony halfway through the song.

    ReplyDelete